Visit Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico is the perfect blend of colonial Spanish culture, natural beauty and contemporary lifestyles. Visit historic Old San Juan and awe-inspiring rainforests. Explore sleepy villages and coffee plantations. Revel in the European sophistication of a modern metropolis. Take a swing at world-class golf, played amidst lush greenery. Explore endless stretches of pristine white beaches where you can snorkel, sail, fish and surf. Puerto Rico. Explore Beyond the Shore. Find and book hotels in San Juan…..
Key facts about Puerto Rico:
- In Puerto Rico, Spanish and English are the official languages; most Puerto Ricans speak English.
- Puerto Rico is a U.S. commonwealth and the U.S. dollar is the official currency; U.S. citizens don’t need a passport or a currency converter!
- El Yunque is the only subtropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest Service, a place so indescribable that it must be seen, heard and felt. It’s one of our must-visit destinations.
- More than 70% of the rum sold in the U.S. comes from Puerto Rico; sample our favorite local brands and enjoy a tour of our rum distilleries.
- Puerto Rico houses the world’s largest single-dish radio telescope, spanning almost 20 acres. It’s the only radio telescope that can accurately predict when and where an asteroid might collide with Earth, and was responsible for the first asteroid images in history.
- Toro Verde features one of the longest Zip Lines on Earth: La Bestia. It uses a specially designed harness to soar through the air across 4,745 feet of terrain. Now it features El Monstruo the longest zip line in the universe, yes we said universe, with a 2.5km cable where you will reach a scary speed of up to 93.20 miles per hour.
- Bio luminescence exists around the world, but there are only a few bio bays on our planet. Puerto Rico has three of them, a kayak or boat-ride away from our shores, they must be seen to be appreciated.
- The Puerto Rico Tourism Company (PRTC) and the Puerto Rico Department of Health are working closely with the tourism community to keep visitors to the Island well informed of the latest developments regarding the mosquito Zika virus in the Caribbean and Latin America. Our objective is for you to have a safe and enjoyable vacation click here for more information.
- Sightseeing Tours & Attractions
- Destination Caribbean
- Destination Mexico
- Destination Africa
- Destination Asia
- Destination Europe
- Destination South Pacific
- Destination Indian Ocean
- Return to Destination Guides
- Travel is SWELL Travel Experiences
- All Inclusive Vacations
- Adults-only Vacations
- Travel Deals
- Cruise Vacations
- Hotel Collection